Starting an instructional design business can be tough. Use these resources to get the jump on the game by thinking about how to create a sustainable business model.
Back to Categories
The Training, Learning, and Development Community’s focus is on Everyday Improvement for all of our Members and Subscribers. And one of the best tools for maximizing your Professional Development is Conferences.
TLDCast is an “every weekday” hour-long, online, video/audio/text broadcast focused on Training, Learning, and Development. It’s not a webinar – it’s a mix between a conference session and a hallway conversation — because we all know that’s where the true value of a conference resides.
This toolkit series was created by verynice, a design strategy consultancy in Los Angeles that wanted to share everything they’ve learned with people like you:
- Brand Strategy & Identity: Craft a strong and authentic brand strategy.
- Marketing & Storytelling: Create a strategic marketing campaign that will inspire your audience to engage.
- Mission Statements: Write a mission statement that your entire organization can rally behind.
- Value Proposition: Uncover your perceived and projected value while writing a value proposition statement that can clearly communicate your niche.
- Information Architecture: Organize your website content into an easy-to-follow site map.
- User Experience & Interface: Collaboratively and quickly sketch a user experience that works.
- Collaborative Analysis: Better define existing collaborations, or imagine new potential ones.
- Competitive Analysis: Map out your direct and peripheral competition while also positioning yourself amongst them.
- Strategic Planning: Write 12-month strategic plan that maps out key milestones and activities to get you where you need to be.
Our digital download is available on a pay-what-you-want basis, and includes easy-to-understand instructions.
Lior Frenkel, The Nu School
I freaking hate it when clients don’t pay. So I wrote a book about how to avoid and deal with such clients.
This content is designed for people who want to know the deeper reasons behind why people do what they do. This is for the busy entrepreneur, designer, or marketer who wants to know techniques they can use to help build better products and ultimately improve people’s lives.
We’ve asked our friends and colleagues for their top three to five resources on important topics related to product psychology and user behavior. They’ve taken the time to dig up their favorite articles, videos, and resources to get you up to speed quickly.
Join over 21,470 members and get one step-by-step lesson a month taught by the best side project makers.
Omar Zenhom, $100 MBA
What if you launch a business…and nobody buys?
What if you could skip ALL of the guesswork?
You’d never have to wonder, “is this a good idea?” or “are people going to want it enough to pay for it?” Don’t you wish you could peek inside your customers’ brains? It would let you make sure that you’re working on something they’ll actually buy. So much pain and heartache could be avoided.
This is where we come in & show you how to create something YOU KNOW your customers REALLY want.
Ryan Kulp, Go Highbrow
Have you ever had a good idea but weren’t sure what to do next? Do you file for a business license? Build a website? Quit your job?
This course demystifies the idea validation process without fancy jargon like “lean startup” or expensive software. Learn from a three-time founder how to think deeply about the problem you’re solving, as well as learn tactics to freely distribute your ideas to potential customers.
Our FREE eBook, The Freelancer’s Bible, gives you all the knowledge you need to make your design business a success.
By downloading your copy today, you will learn:
- How to market your business
- How to find your USP
- How to licence your work
- How to manage client relationships
- How to complete tax returns
- And much more!
Ant Pugh, E-Learning Architect
Are you thinking about implementing an e-learning programme within your business but not sure where to start? Or are you already delivering online training and not seeing the levels of engagement you know are possible? Then this course is for you!
In this email crash course you’ll learn:
- Why many e-learning programmes fail
- How to guarantee engagement with your audience
- How to demonstrate a tangible return on investment
- The basic components required for a successful e-learning programme
- Specific, actionable techniques you can apply to your business today